A broad definition of web traffic is simply the number of visitors to your website. It can be direct traffic, search engine traffic, or referral traffic. Web traffic not only includes the number of visitors to your website, but also the number of pages on your website each person visits. Successful website owners are constantly gathering and analyzing statistical data from their websites to understand and better serve their website traffic. There are several methods online for generating both paid and free website traffic to your website.
Search engine optimization (SEO) and pay per click advertising are two basic and fairly well known strategies for promoting your eCommerce business online. There are also other low cost or no cost methods available for sending free website visitors to your online store. Certain internet marketing strategies allow you to leverage the traffic and popularity of other online resources. Never before in the history of business has free marketing and advertising been so readily available and profitable as it has been in the internet/e-commerce age.
Here are seven internet marketing strategies that allow you to leverage to traffic and popularity of other websites and will help you increase traffic to your website.
- Blogs exist that allow guest bloggers and article writers. Write a blog post and submit it as a guest blogger. Search online for bloggers seeking content.
- Take advantage of article marketing by writing online article and submitting them to the top article submission websites. Go to google.com and search for “article submission sites”.
- Start an affiliate program that rewards and compensates others for marketing and advertising your products and services online. Write articles and ad copy that you can distribute to your affiliates to be used as marketing text. Your affiliates will use the content you provided on their websites or blogs. Not only does this help drive qualified traffic to your website, but it also provides backlinks to your site. Affiliates are highly motivated, because when a customer makes a purchase on your website, the affiliate makes a commission.
- Video is the online medium in highest demand. Think of it this way … The majority of people would rather see the movie than read the book. It is the same online. Internet users in many instances would rather watch a video of you reading an online article to them than actually reading the article themselves. YouTube has made it very easy to record, upload, optimize, and market video online. There is no reason not to use video as a fun and easy marketing strategy.
- Webinars or online seminars have become a very popular method of bringing people together to experience an online presentation. Participate in numerous webinars, where you are either the presenter or the guest. In either case you can contribute to the webinar and include your credentials as the ownerofyourwebsite.com.
- Participate in forums or on message boards. Take a unique stance or play the devil’s advocate on a topic, even if you do not necessarily side with the opinion you are presenting. Your unique opinion will spark conversation and discussion. Opportunities to market yourself and your website will then arise.
- Create “Top 10 Lists” that review and promote the products and services of others. This is especially effective for those participating in affiliate marketing, because each of the products reviewed provides an opportunity to include an affiliate link. Lists such as these are highly trafficked, because they present information in a quick and easily digestible format. Make sure to include links to your website and products in the review list as well.
Pay per click marketing and search engine optimization are effective and even necessary marketing strategies to implement to promote your online business and drive traffic to your eCommerce website. However, these are not the only methods online for promoting and advertising. You can and should participate in the online community surrounding the main topic of your website. Being a guest blogger, writing and publishing articles, creating and marketing videos about your products, producing product review lists, and participating in online message boards and forums are just a few of the ways you can utilize the success of others to increase your success. Through these ideas and tips you can gain visitors and customers by piggybacking off the popularity and success of these other online platforms.